It is time to start thinking about healthy game day snacks.
If you follow this blog closely, you know that I live in Massachusetts AKA home of the New England Patriots.
Yes, my dear readers, I have a team in the Super Bowl and I am getting fired up for my game day party. My kids love it because they get to watch TV and eat at the same time (which never happens in my house because I have a new couch).
I will not be ordering Dominos or eating buffalo chicken wings because I have created so many easy, healthy snacks through the years that people have expectations about what I will serve. Below, you will find a couple of my favorite replacements for buffalo chicken wings because I love them SO much.
Dips, I find, are the best way to go because you can serve them with a platter of vegetables and no one will complain. My cauliflower crunch bites are also a big hit because they are warm AND crunchy (take that cold chips).
The game is so ridiculously long that it is better to put the food in the kitchen and make people walk to it so they don’t sit there mindlessly stuffing their faces. I am one of those people who will eat almost anything if it is front of me (even if it is a stale cookie).
Put out small plates and make people refill them so they are a little bit aware of how much they are consuming.
BTW, if any of you Atlanta Falcons fans want to talk smack go ahead. It does look like it is going to be a close game and the commercials are always interesting.
I will be wearing my lucky socks and my friend, Amanda, has to leave the room every time the Patriots are about to score. She is bad luck. :)
What do you serve for healthy game day snacks?
- Three Layer Bean Dip: Because Three is Faster Than Seven
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Good Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
- An Entire Serving of “Fries” for 133 Calories
- Meet Mini Mac and Cheese Bites: The Best Way to Enjoy Pasta
- Lighten The Devil In These Eggs
- Makeover This Favorite Bar Food
- A Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe For The Snack Girl Recipe Swap
- Smoky Roasted Chickpeas
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Cauliflower Crunch Bites: An Appetizer For Life