Do you have a food fight with your child after school? Is your child starving because he tossed out his uneaten lunch because he was having too much fun in the school cafeteria?
Afternoon snacks tend to fall into the treat category more than parents would like to admit. Cookies, candy, chips, along with “healthy” packaged snacks like fruit snacks are common.
We all want to ensure our kids don't get too cranky before dinnertime. But, we should try to feed them something that will feed their brains (homework time!).
What can we feed them without a war? Here are 5 afternoon snacks that have promise as peaceful substitutes for unhealthy treats.
- Replace brownies with No Bake Brownie Balls
- Replace chips with Ants on a Log
- Replace candy with Dark Chocolate Covered Raisins
- Replace frozen pizza snacks with Mini Mini Pizzas
- Replace packaged yogurt with DIY Yogurt
With a little bit of planning, your child can have something much more healthy and still tasty.
What is your child's favorite healthy afternoon snack? Please share.