Spiced Butternut Squash Muffins Recipe
reprinted with permission from fannetastic food
Ingredients: (makes 12 muffins) Dry: • 1.5 C whole wheat pastry flour
• 1/2 C cane sugar
• 1/3 C finely ground flaxseed
• 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 C pureed butternut squash (canned or fresh)
• 1/2 C raisins (or chocolate chips)
• 1/2 C skim milk
• 2 small very ripe bananas, mashed
• 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350. 1) In two separate bowls, mix dry, then wet, and then combine, adding wet to dry and stirring gently until the mixture is uniform-ish.
2) Spoon the mixture into a non-stick (or sprayed with PAM) muffin tray. Don’t forget to sprinkle some raw oats on top to make ‘em look pretty!
3) Pop them in the oven for about 25 minutes. Fork check to make sure they are done.
151 calories, 1.7 g fat, 0.0 g saturated fat, 30.9 g carbohydrates, 14.8 g sugar, 3.4 g protein, 3.3 g fiber, 162 mg sodium, 4 Points+
Return to fANNEtastic food
Points values are calculated by Snack Girl and are provided for information only. See all Snack Girl Recipes