Some of you out there have made some New Year's Resolutions. If you are like me, you have already broken a few (and it is only January 2nd).
I am not very good with rules :)
Last year, I decided that 2011 was THE year I was going to write my "Self Health" book and motivate more people to eat fruits and vegetables.
So, here I am ZERO books written and I am looking at 2012. The question I should have asked myself last year was not what do you WANT to do in 2011, but what CAN you do in 2011?
Your New Year's resolutions have to be doable to work. Where did I think that book was going to appear from - the heavens? You don't want to end up seriously demoralized by the end of January.
So, what can I do for YOU in 2012?
- Create healthy snack recipes - I find or create about two a week and I will keep them coming.
- Create small meal recipes - I will expand into breakfast and lunch. I have dabbled with these meals - but it is time for more.
- Shine some light on the morass that is food marketing. This sticky blob of deceit tricks us EVERY DAY (and that includes me).
- Keep looking for healthy packaged food for times when we need shortcuts.
- Find and post some motivational stories from REAL people about their healthy achievements. I love celebrities but I learn more from the regular folks.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions for more DOABLE ideas that you would like to see here on Snack Girl. I have been asked for all sorts of crazy non-doable things like "zero calorie fondue" :)
As for my book, I have decided that 2012 is the year of the outline.
What are your doable resolutions? Please share.
Other posts you might like:
Happy New Year from Snack Girl! I hope you have a great start to 2012....
Today's post was going to be about this delicious, natural, and low sodium beef jerky that I discovered. Then, I changed my mind....