Do you ever get into a snack rut? Hey, even Snack Girl finds herself eating the same thing over and over again.
I received an e-mail from Brendan, and thought I would try to help him out.
Really enjoying your blog! As a man who craves a snack in the middle of the afternoon (I'm an elementary-school teacher here in Mass), would you consider soliciting ideas for 2 ingredient quick-snack combos? Something like apples/peanut butter or even pickle spears wrapped in turkey slices. There must be some fun combinations I've never even imagined.
As a woman, I can tell you that I also crave a mid-afternoon snack. At around 3 PM, my head starts to hit my desk as I swoon from exhaustion (because sitting here and typing is SO taxing). I cannot imagine what it is like to attempt to teach a room full of elementary age students without a quick snack. Hang in there, Brendan.
I tried to imagine how little time you have if you teach kids for a snack. Also, I thought that Brendan probably wouldn’t have a stove, blender, or toaster to use to make it. These snacks are as simple as I can get. I started with Brendan’s ideas since they rock.
1. Apple slices and peanut butter.
2. Turkey slice wrapped around a pickle.
3. Hummus and any raw veggie (carrots, celery, broccoli).
4. Celery and whipped cream cheese or peanut butter.
5. Peanuts and raisins.
6. Edamame and salt.
7. Banana mashed on whole wheat tortilla.
8. Baby Bell cheese and whole wheat crackers.
9. Cottage cheese and raisins.
10. Avocado half and spoon.
11. Strawberries and square of dark chocolate.
12. Rice cake and peanut butter (or almond butter).
13. Cheese stick and apple slices.
14. Greek yogurt and chopped walnuts.
15. Cherry tomatoes and sliced turkey.
16. Dried apricots and cube of cheddar cheese.
17. Hard boiled egg with freshly ground pepper.
18. Cantaloupe chunks and ham slices.
Please help Brendan with his snack problem. What are your favorite two ingredient snacks?
Other posts you might like:
Summer is coming to a screaming halt for families all over the country. Did you notice the advertisements for school supplies everywhere?....
Snack Girl gets asked all the time for low carb snacks and high protein snacks....