One of the easiest ways to cut dessert calories is to use fruit as a base for your treat.
Fruit is a heck of a lot lighter than cream cheese. Sad but true!
Strawberries are a win-win-win because they are beautiful, low in calories, and delicious. I find myself creating desserts with fresh strawberries a lot this time of year. They are fresh, plentiful, and much less expensive than in the winter months.
Nothing beats fresh strawberries with a little bit of whipped cream for dessert but you can try one the recipes below if you want to get a wee bit fancier.
My favorites are chocolate dipped strawberries and the stuffed strawberries.
- Make Your Own Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Frozen Yogurt Bark for A Hot Day
- Make Cookies With Strawberries
- Turn Strawberry Shortcake Into Strawberry Healthycake
- An Easy Easter Treat: Stuffed Strawberries
- The Most Satisfying, Lowest Calorie, & Easiest Chocolate Dessert Ever Created
- Greet Spring With A Tasty Little Treat
How do you serve strawberries this time of year?