Top Ten Budget Healthy Snacks
August 20, 2013 4 Comments
It seems like every visit to the grocery store is a shock. You want to charge me how much for those crackers?
It is important not to sacrifice quality just because you are broke. The cheapest and healthiest snack foods are beans, popcorn, and eggs. Potato chips, while cheap, are not included on this list.
Keep in mind that nuts are best in small quantities and are a nutritional powerhouse. One pound of almonds ($9) can go a long way if you are sticking to a one ounce portion (56 cents per portion).
The dessert above features sweet potatoes, which in my neck of the woods are only 70 cents per pound.
This list is a group of snacks that are healthy, easy to make, and most are less expensive per portion than buying a small bag of Doritos:
3. Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges: A Little Cheese Goes a Long Way
4. A Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe For The Snack Girl Recipe Swap
5. Love Chocolate Shakes? Give This Smoothie A Try
6. The In Season Vegetable With A Bad Reputation
7. How To Make Dark Chocolate Last Forever
8. Hit Your Cake Craving With The Microwave
9. Return To An Old Favorite Snack (With A Twist)
10. A Decadent Tasting But Healthy Dessert
What are your favorite budget snacks? Please share.
Other posts you might like:
Top Ten Budget Healthy Snacks 2012
It seems like every visit to the grocery store is a shock. You want to charge me how much for those crackers?...
How A 26 Year Old Lived on $18 Worth of Healthy Food For One Week
Anyone else find themselves in shock after visiting the supermarket? I spent a small fortune there....