Top Ten Crunchy Healthy Snacks
March 4, 2015 4 Comments
It’s crunch time, people! Time to replace Cheetos and potato chips with delicious alternatives.
Crunch is a good thing. So many processed foods are designed with a “mouth feel” of softness that lead to eating with out thinking.
With a CRUNCH you know your teeth are working and foods that have a crunch tend to have more fiber and fill you up. For example, I can sit and eat cheese all day with out noticing – carrot sticks on the other hand? I notice.
The obvious crunchy snacks are roasted nuts, carrots, celery, radishes, etc. Here are a few ideas that might not be as obvious.
1. Roast The Whole Perfect Cauliflower
2. Altering The Krispy Rice Treat: Make It Healthier
4. Give Your Popcorn A South Of The Border Spin
6. Take A Walk On The Raw Side With Asparagus
7. Everything But The Kitchen Sink Fruit and Nut Bars
8. Take Your Apple and Peanut Butter To A Whole New Level
9. How To Make The Best Kale Salad
10. Stovetop Granola in Minutes
When you want to crunch - what do you reach for?