Looking for Great Beach Snacks?
June 10, 2015 3 Comments
Aaaah, the beach…..Hopefully, you have a beach near you that helps you cool off.
Near my house, we have a pond with a lifeguard and it saves us on hot summer days. One of the key features of this beach for my children is the “Snack Shack” which sells kale, carrots, cucumber slices…..zzzzzz…..
I must have been dreaming :)
You guys know what is at the Snack Shack! Doritos, Coke, Hot Dogs, Twizzlers, etc.
I don’t actually think that having a treat from the Snack Shack is a terrible thing. There is one person in the group who is studiously trying to avoid the frozen Snickers bars and that would be ME.
How do I avoid the Snack Shack? First, I have a groovy picnic basket/cooler which is ready to go. The key for me is to have a cold drink so I fill a water bottle with ice cubes.
I pack my basket with some cooler ice and fruit. Slices of watermelon, apples, peaches, and cantaloupe are in plastic containers and ready to eat. I also pack frozen grapes to keep everything cool and they are delicious to munch on.
The key for me is to keep everything cold so I won’t be tempted to buy something cold.
Here are some more ideas for the beach:
- Create A Better Snack With Carrots
- Everything But The Kitchen Sink Fruit and Nut Bars
- Give Your Popcorn A South Of The Border Spin
- Turn Dull Beans Into A Potato Chip Replacement
- The Benefits of Cheese Sticks
- Want Your Kid To Eat A Healthy Snack? Use a Stick
- How Cantaloupe Can Keep Your Dishes Clean
- Grab your favorite flavored yogurt and freeze it for a wonderful replacement for the larger serving size of frozen yogurt.
What do you bring to the beach? Please share.
Picnic Time 'Metro' Insulated Basket, Olive Green
currently unavailable Buy on Amazon.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Other posts you might like:
Light and Impressively Tasty: Jerk Shrimp with Pineapple
My grill is fired up and I have started poking things with sticks....
Who Could Resist this Fruit Salad?
I seem to be on a kick to beautify the fruit and vegetable world....