Top Ten Low Carb Snacks
May 6, 2014 9 Comments
Trying to avoid the foods in the above photograph? Join the club!
Processed grains such as pasta, rice, and white bread missing the whole grain component are hard to give up. They are light, fluffy, and sweet. If you are like me, you just LOVE them. Crusty bread anyone?
Foods that contain simple carbohydrates (such as white bread) raise blood glucose levels and diabetics need to count how many carbohydrates they eat to keep their blood sugar level low. People trying to lose weight know that processed carbs pack a calorie punch without much fiber or nutritional upside.
While I am not an advocate of a HIGH protein diet, I am an advocate for eating less junk food. Most of the snacks in the list below feature a protein and a vegetable. Hey, you want some nutrients in your low carb snack, right?
Give these 10 low carb snacks a try:
- A Healthy Way To Serve Bacon
- A Simple Way To Dress Up An Egg
- You Have Never Had Beef Jerky Like This!
- A Seriously Cool Appetizer Featuring Watermelon
- Return To An Old Favorite Snack (With A Twist)
- The Secret To Making Chicken Breast Taste Much Better Than A Hockey Puck
- Do-It-Yourself Breakfast Sausage: It Rocks!
- A 100 Calorie Pizza That Will Rock Your Sox
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Kale Chips: Believe The Hype
Please share your favorite low carb snack ideas.
Other posts you might like:
Bread is a major food issue for many....
Snack Girl knows how hard it is to change a junk food habit. I have certainly eaten my share of potato chips and candy bars....