The fact is that when you go “low carb” you are usually cutting out a bunch of cookies, cake, and other stuff you probably shouldn’t be eating.
I love the photo above because it shows the good part of “low carb” – all those lovely fruits and vegetables you can eat!
Foods that contain simple carbohydrates (such as white bread) raise blood glucose levels and diabetics need to count how many carbohydrates they eat to keep their blood sugar level low. People trying to lose weight know that processed carbs pack a calorie punch without much fiber or nutritional upside.
While I am not an advocate of a HIGH protein diet, I am an advocate for eating less junk food. Most of the snacks in the list below feature a protein and a vegetable. Hey, you want some nutrients in your low carb snack, right?
Give these 10 low carb snacks a try:
- How to Make Boring Raw Vegetables Pop
- A Simple Way To Dress Up An Egg
- You Have Never Had Beef Jerky Like This!
- A Seriously Cool Appetizer Featuring Watermelon
- Return To An Old Favorite Snack (With A Twist)
- Start Your Day With a Powerhouse of Nutrition
- Get Your Cauliflower On
- A 100 Calorie Pizza That Will Rock Your Sox
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Kale Chips: Believe The Hype
Please share your favorite low carb snack ideas.
Other posts you might like:
After posting about chicken this week, I am ready to talk about a zero meat approach....
Snack Girl knows how hard it is to change a junk food habit. I have certainly eaten my share of potato chips and candy bars....