Save Money With These 10 Budget Snacks
August 5, 2014 4 Comments
I walk into the grocery store and manage to spend $100 without breaking a sweat.
I am not buying $20 aged cheese or $6 per pound peaches, but I am feeding a family of four. My son inhales 2-3 bananas a day (I am not joking) and I cannot keep up with his consumption.
It is important not to sacrifice quality simply because you are broke. Keep in mind that nuts are best in small quantities and are a nutritional powerhouse. One pound of almonds ($9) can go a long way if you are sticking to a one ounce portion (56 cents per portion).
This list is a group of snacks that are healthy, easy to make, and most are less expensive per portion than buying a small bag of Doritos (and much better for you – duh!):
2. A Grab And Go Breakfast from Snack Girl To The Rescue!
3. Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges: A Little Cheese Goes a Long Way
4. A Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe For The Snack Girl Recipe Swap
5. Love Chocolate Shakes? Give This Smoothie A Try
7. How To Make Dark Chocolate Last Forever
8. Hit Your Cake Craving With The Microwave
9. Return To An Old Favorite Snack (With A Twist)
10. Gluten-Free Black Bean Blender Brownies
What are your favorite budget snacks? Please share.
Other posts you might like:
Top Ten Budget Healthy Snacks 2012
It seems like every visit to the grocery store is a shock. You want to charge me how much for those crackers?...
How A 26 Year Old Lived on $18 Worth of Healthy Food For One Week
Anyone else find themselves in shock after visiting the supermarket? I spent a small fortune there....