Trying to avoid the foods in the above photograph? Join the club!
Processed grains such as pasta, rice, and white bread missing the whole grain component are hard to give up. They are light, fluffy, and sweet. If you are like me, you just LOVE them.
Foods that contain simple carbohydrates raise blood glucose levels. Diabetics need to count how many carbohydrates they eat to keep their blood sugar level low.
People trying to lose weight know that processed carbs pack a calorie punch without much fiber or nutritional upside.
While I am not an advocate of a HIGH protein diet, I am an advocate for eating less junk food. Most of the snacks in the list below feature a protein and a vegetable. Hey, you want some nutrients in your low carb snack, right?
Give these 10 low carb snacks a try:
- Greet Spring With Some Bacon (And Asparagus)
- A Simple Way To Dress Up An Egg
- You Have Never Had Beef Jerky Like This!
- A Seriously Cool Appetizer Featuring Watermelon
- Return To An Old Favorite Snack (With A Twist)
- The Secret To Making Chicken Breast Taste Much Better Than A Hockey Puck
- Better Than Real Eggs
- A 100 Calorie Pizza That Will Rock Your Sox
- How To Eat Less Red Meat & Still LOVE Your Burger
- Kale Chips: Believe The Hype
Please share your favorite low carb snack ideas.
Other posts you might like:
Snack Girl thought as we headed into Turkey day that we should honor the vegans of the world with some snacks....
100 is a magical number for some people. An entire snack product industry is based on this concept of a 100 calorie snack....