The orchards here in Western Massachusetts are laden with apples. It is a dreamy time of year to be in New England.
Even if you live in West Palm Beach, it is time to eat some apples. I'm sure the Sunshine State is importing some fresh apples for baby boomer consumption.
Here on Snack Girl, I have featured a bunch of apple based snacks to keep you from getting bored with apples. My personal favorite is the "Naked Pie" because I don't have to make a pastry crust to create an apple pie! You also avoid the 8 tablespoons of butter in the crust.
I hear that having an apple slicer, peeler, corer is a great way to process apples. I don't own one, yet, but with so many apple orchards close by - I may have to get one to start cranking out the apple treats.
Here are ten Snack Girl apple favorites - all are HEALTHY and fun ways to serve apples:
- Healthy Apple Crisp Recipe **VIDEO**
- Spread It On or Dip It: The Best Yogurt Fruit Dip
- Got Apples? Try This Awesome Healthy Snack
- An Amazing Apple Pie Makeover In Two Minutes
- A "No Peel" Apple Recipe To Make You Swoon
- Try This Healthy Pie.....Naked
- Who Else Lost Their Virginity This Month?
- Make Winter Warmer With Apple and Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- Homemade Apple Raisin and Cinnamon Bran Muffins – A Great Snack!
- The Fastest, Healthiest Snack in the West
Do you have a favorite way to cook and/or present fall apples?
Back to Basics A 505 Apple and Potato Peeler, Red Back to Basics Blue Raspberry Syrup (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Other posts you might like:
Last week, I introduced Fall with a no bake pumpkin oatmeal cookie. But, I had a problem....
I’ve spent some time trying not to bake, but I still love cookies. The best cookies, of course, are made with love....