Top 10 Ideas for Replacing Potato Chips
July 18, 2013 12 Comments
Everyone has their favorite treat. I happen to love potato chips.
A reader sent me an e-mail asking for ideas to help her stop eating them. Fortunately, I had thought a lot about this topic.
My first line of defense for overindulging has been to buy Cape Cod 40% Reduced Fat Kettle Cooked Chips. For one serving of 140 calories, you can eat 19 chips. I like the flavor and the crunch (and they taste the same to me as regular chips).
BUT, this reader wanted to move on from potato chips and I hear her. I like to crunch on vegetables whenever possible when eating a snack. Some of the ideas below take a little more work than opening a bag of chips, but it is worth it for your health, right?
1. Sliced cucumbers with salt on the side for sprinkling.
2. Carrot sticks and hummus.
3. Kale Chips: Believe The Hype
4. Elegant, Easy, and Under 100 Calories
5. Turn Dull Beans Into A Potato Chip Replacement
6. A Whole Grain Snack For Five Cents Per Serving
7. A Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe For The Snack Girl Recipe Swap
8. Taking Cauliflower To A New Level
9. Got Apples? Try This Awesome Healthy Snack
10. Z Fries: The Latest In Nutritious, Delicious, and Low Cal Fries
What do you eat instead of potato chips? Please share.
Other posts you might like:
How To Replace A Cinnabon
Snack Girl reserves black and white photos for foods that trigger people to eat. One of my pals told me that my photo of onion rings made her hungry and ever since then I use black and white....
Replace Mayo With This Healthy Spread
Seems like it is time to take on mayonnaise. I love the stuff, but when you start adding it to sandwiches, the calories sky rocket...