Top 10 High Protein Snacks 2012
August 22, 2012 10 Comments
High-protein diets have become a popular way to lose weight because protein may be able to satisfy hunger better than fats or carbohydrates.
Of course, if you just eat protein and skip other important food groups you probably won’t feel so good (or be very regular).
If you just want to add some protein to your food, you can use protein powder and add it to smoothies or homemade granola bars. I am not a fan of adding extra protein to recipes that don’t call for it. I like to consume the protein that is naturally found in the foods that I eat.
What qualifies as a high protein snack?
I decided that the best measure was whether the grams of protein per serving was more than the grams of carbohydrate per serving.
There are some great snacks that include beans that are both high in protein and carbs, but I skipped those for this list.
The snacks below feature either dairy, meat, or eggs to get their high protein rating - but they also include vegetables or fruit to balance them.
Give these ten snacks a try!
1. A 100 Calorie Pizza That Will Rock Your Sox
2. This Tuna Melt Is So Light & Tasty It Will Make You Cry
3. Good Morning Sunshine! Wake Up With This Egg Dish
4. Replace Potato Skins With Zucchini Boats
6. You Will LOVE This 81 Calorie Egg Recipe
7. Mix It Up For A Delicious Snack
8. A Seriously Cool Appetizer Featuring Watermelon
9. Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wings
10. Take The Devil Out Of Your Eggs
Please share your high protein snack ideas.
Other posts you might like:
Top 10 Lunch Box Snacks 2012
Summer is coming to a screaming halt for families all over the country. Did you notice the advertisements for school supplies everywhere?....
Top Ten Budget Healthy Snacks 2012
It seems like every visit to the grocery store is a shock. You want to charge me how much for those crackers?...
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers