Top Ten Late Night Snacks
September 20, 2012 5 Comments
You are awake and after a long day, you are hungry. What to do?
How about grabbing that container of Chinese take-out with a fork? or eating some cold pizza? Once when I was super hungry at 11 PM, I ate a hamburger.
The story of that hamburger is very sad because it did not remain in my tummy. NEVER again will I eat a hamburger that late at night.
The first rule of late night eating is to stay away from heavy, fatty, and otherwise unhealthy foods and treat it just like any other snack time in your day.
When you overeat before bed, your body is much more likely to store those calories as fat. Try to stick to less than 300 calories and wait at least an hour before you go to sleep. Your sleep will improve if you stay away from food that will upset your stomach (yeah, I’m looking at you, chili!).
Here are some suggestions for you to enjoy and to keep you satisfied:
1. How To Make Dark Chocolate Last Forever
2. Now You Can Eat A Banana Split Without Splitting Your Pants
5. This Tuna Melt Is So Light & Tasty It Will Make You Cry
6. Satan Would Hate This Recipe
7. My Friends Use To Laugh At Me...And THEN I Made This Broccoli Recipe
8. This Smoothie Will Blow Your Mind
9. Need Some Intense Dark Twilight Delight?
10. Panini Extreme Makeover (Take THAT Quiznos!)
Please share your favorite late night snacks.
Other posts you might like:
Love Late Night Desserts? Try This Healthy Version of Creme Brulee
For Snack Girl, there are two food groups that derail her mostly healthy eating efforts: alcohol and desserts. Don't you DARE mix the two together....
Spread It On or Dip It: The Best Yogurt Fruit Dip
Snack Girl has long advocated for an apple and peanut butter for a perfect snack. Basically, you got your fruit with a another whole food (peanuts) just blended up. Super yum!....
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers
Jen and Trevor Pitts