Top Ten Super Bowl Party Snacks
January 22, 2014
While watching the Super Bowl, Americans will consume 11.2 million pounds of potato chips according to the Calorie Control Council. Just think of what a pile of 11.2 million pounds of chips looks like.
The Mount Everest of chips! I wouldn’t want to climb that mountain.
What if that mountain looked like a big hill of buffalo cauliflower? The tummies of America would be a lot slimmer if that mountain was cauliflower (and Frito Lay would be out of business).
So, let's put Frito Lay out of business during the Super Bowl and make some yummy AND healthy snacks for TV watching consumption. These snacks will take longer to make than opening a bag of chips - but you will enjoy them more.
You will also impress your friends and family with your culinary skills. When your uncle shouts out, "Hand over more of that cauliflower!" - you know you will be proud.
1. Who Needs Seven When You Can Get It Done In Three?
2. It’s All About The Portion Size: French Fry Bites
3. Give Your Popcorn A South Of The Border Spin
4. An Entire Serving of “Fries” for 133 Calories
5. Love Pizza? Try This 100 Calorie Version
6. Lighten The Devil In These Eggs
7. Makeover This Favorite Bar Food
8. A Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe For The Snack Girl Recipe Swap
9. Turn Dull Beans Into A Potato Chip Replacement
10. Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wings
How are you going to make the Super Bowl healthier?
Other posts you might like:
Healthy Holiday Party Snacks
Putting the words "healthy" and "holiday" together seems a bit, well, silly. The holidays are a celebration and I love to forget about "healthy" this time of year....
The BEST Oscars Party Snacks
I know you are all dying to know what Snack Girl is serving at her Oscars party. Well, I promise, it will be a total blast....