There are times when buying a food instead of making it is essential. I have even bought apple slices when in a rush.
But, you can save money and control the contents of your food when you cook instead of buying a bottle, box, or bag. Over the last six years, I have attempted a bunch of different foods and the list below are some of the most successful in terms of taste and simplicity.
Will it take you more time than opening a package? Yes! But, you will have some fun and feel pride as a result of taking on the challenge of cooking them for yourself or your family.
- Make Your Own Whole Wheat Tortillas - So Yummy!
- Punch Up Your Salad With Homemade Croutons
- DIY Microwave Popcorn: Healthy, Yummy, and CHEAP
- Stop Buying Salad Dressing
- Stop Buying Sliced Turkey Breast: DIY Turkey
- Stovetop Granola in Minutes
- Vegetarian Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Do-It-Yourself Instant Oatmeal: Healthy and Insanely Easy
- A Grab 'N Go Breakfast With ZERO Added Sugar (and you will love it)
- Tasty Marinara Sauce in Six Minutes
What do you make instead of buy? Please share.
Other posts you might like:
I am betting that you are sitting in an office right now! Yes, I can see you in your cubicle with the florescent bulbs burning. Blub blub goes the water cooler.....
Snack Girl feels for flight attendants or anyone who has a job that can be incredibly unpredictable. How do they do it?...