Top 10 Healthy Super Bowl Party Snacks
January 25, 2011 5 Comments
Even if you aren't a football fan, you will probably know when the Super Bowl is being played. The parties are a fun way to celebrate SOMETHING while the weather is cold.
The snacks that are served are questionable. This "food festival" tends to leave us grabbing for the Pepto - chicken wings, pizza, nachos, mozzarella sticks, Doritos, and other assorted junk food make up the typical Super Bowl party.
You can do better!
Go ahead and serve some of the favorites, but add a few healthy snacks (and don't tell anyone). Just leave them out and see what happens. Perhaps the orange Doritos will be passed up for the orange pickled carrots.
Or maybe the potato chips will sit in their bowl while the kale chips get devoured.
The only way to find out is to serve some healthy options, and I'm not talking baby carrots and hummus. I'm talking about something that will truly compete with the Doritos of the world. (sorry baby carrots and hummus - I love ya - but I love Doritos more :)
So, think about sweet potato fries instead of regular fries or mini-pizzas instead of Dominos. There are so many tasty options!
Top 10 Heatlhy Party Snack List:
- Love Sliders? Here Is A Healthy Version
- Kale Chips
- Makeover Kettle Corn Into "Can Do" Corn
- Transform Broccoli Into a Food the ENTIRE Family Will Eat
- Replace French Fries with This Easy and Healthy Snack
- The Tiniest (and Yummiest) Pizzas on The Planet
- How To Avoid Wasting Carrots
- Fastest, Easiest, and Tastiest Guacamole
- Saving The Brussels Sprouts
- Got Apples? Try This Awesome Healthy Snack
And two more packaged snacks that are great ways to replace unhealthy options:
Please share your healthy party snack ideas.